Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mommy & the Kiddos

So, what have Mommy & the kiddos been up to?

Last night was Judah's first AWANA class. He "did not want to sing" as the coordinator later told me....which doesn't surprise me because he didn't know any of the songs! He sat up front with his teacher and I stayed towards the back while the kids were singing and doing their hand-jive and then I went to the grocery store to pick up some ice cream (hey! we were out of it for a few whole days!).

Today was story time. Wow--MUCH different than our story time! They sang some songs to help the kids memorize words, read a few Mercer Meyer books, and then went to another room to make monster puppets from a brown paper bag.

One thing that I'm really looking forward to is joining MOPs! That will be twice a month (and includes babysitting) and then there will be various outings and play dates as well. The closest group meets about 20-25 minutes from here, which is much more feasible than the 40-some minutes, one way, group that I initially found. I found some neat bible studies at said church but I think it's just going to be too far away for me to leave, by myself, at that time in the evening.

Speaking of too far, that (kinda, maybe..yeah probably a little too) crazish church we checked out the first weekend we were here set us up in a small group that meets every Friday, 7-8:30. And that's also 40 minutes away. I'm thinking its not going to happen so we'll have to figure something out to get involved.

Other than that, I am absolutely LOVING this house--so many of the things I was struggling with and beating myself up over weren't necessarily that I was being a loser mom but rather, now realize how "on top" of each other and everything else we were back at the 'lake house'. As efficient as I struggled to be on a daily basis...it's not a problem here now. Everything has a place, is easy to get to....access. The washer and dryer are in the hallway and let me tell you--AMAZING.

Jared's "late days" at school are earlier than most/all normal days of his old career. He's got to study and focus and he's still able to be with us so much more. Seeing the stress disappear has been...you guessed it--AMAZING, too. I know it might not (and almost 100% not) be like this during his apprenticeship but I am soaking up every ounce of this I can get. So thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment