Saturday, August 16, 2014

5 Days...

5 days until we leave.  And we all have massive head colds.  I can sum that situation up in two words: not awesome.

Here is our game plan for the trip--I think it'll be neat to look back and see how well we stayed on track.  I'm hoping that we don't get too caught up in the "getting there" that we don't enjoy the ride.

Thursday morning, we "plan" on leaving no later than 9:00.  Notice how there are quotation marks around the "plan".  I'm thinking we won't leave until closer to 10:30 and in that case, the man drivin' the van is not going to a happy camper.  Okay, anywho, "9:00"--we hit the road Jack.  We plan on driving 3ish hours which I believe will put us on the border of Maryland.  Geography people, does that sound right?  I know we barely touch states in a few places...I'm going to go with Maryland.  We're going to have a picnic!  We did some satellite mapping of our prospective stops and looked for a place with a park so we can spend some time outside, eat, and stretch some of our 2000 parts.  We're hoping the kids will want to take a nap around this time when we get back in the car since it will be around their normal time to do so anyway. If not, I'm going to employ the big guns!  Movie time!  I picked up the classic, Mary Poppins!  Also, a little bit of Daniel Tiger, and you guessed it--Frozen.  I don't know what it is about this movie but Ay (and apparently all of the world) is obsessed!  We're hoping this will happily and smoothly bring us through to dinner time and our hotel for the evening, in Virginia.

I'm armed with snacks, new sticker books, reusable stickers (I think we used to call these colorforms back in the day), as well as some board books for Ay.  I'm a little worried about keeping her happy--come on Frozen--pull through for us!

Day 2 will go similarly with a lunch stop in Knoxville, Tn where we might meet up with a friend I met in a babywearing pregnancy group when I was pregnant with Ay.  It all depends on time and other factors, as we don't want to incorporate any additional stresses, of course.  Back in the car and away we go to the land of the peach! ....or something like that.

Day 3 is a journey into Chatanooga for some fine Whole Foods shopping

Day 4 is our "interesting" church choice.  Notice the quotation marks again.  We'll have to see about this one.

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment