Day 2: Well, the night at the hotel didn't go so well for Miss Ay. We all ended up going to bed way off schedule--I think around 11 or so. We borrowed a pack n play from someone at church so we didn't need to rely on the hotel crib (which is a good thing because that thing was scary looking). It took a little bit of convincing but she finally fell asleep only to wake up about an hour or so later screaming at the top of her
After a bit of craziness trying to gas up the cars (we ran the same credit card on two separate pumps and it declined the card, started making a loud beeping with a message that said all pumps have been stopped and to see the cashier...), we got on the highway. Both kids were whiny but ended up falling asleep about a half hour in and slept for about 1.5ish hours. We were supposed to stop in Knoxville to find a place to play, but at this point, we already weren't going to arrive until 6:30 at the earliest and Jared just wanted to keep driving. We found a nice rest stop and hung out there for about 15-20 minutes. This is what Judah looks like when I ask him to look happy.
Cranky Miss Crank. I'll let you decide which one I'm referring to.
Another Chick Fil-a stop for dinner about an hour and a half away from our new home! Note the super cute face. This was about the only time that she smiled all day. Once she woke up from her nap in the car, she was even more miserable than before (which I don't blame her...because I slept as much as she did the night before--a whopping 4.5 hours and I was exhausted!). She was screaming pretty continuously the last 3 hours of the trip with small intervals of quietness in between which gave her the energy to scream the entire final hour and 15 minutes. I was having flashbacks of Judah's intense baby screaming---gurgles and all. Bleh. Glad that's over, although I think we may have scarred her because she's been VERY upset being in her car seat if it's more than 10 minutes.
Right before the Welcome to Georgia sign!
The very first look of the house!
Yes! We did it!
And to close, the whole reason we're here. Our future lineman <3







No comments:
Post a Comment